SoCal Safes B-Rate Safe and Utility Chest UC-2720
Secure Storage for Daily Cash Management
Designed for commercial environments, utility chests are theft resistant containers suitable for short-term storage of cash trays, rolled coins, documents and valuables.
Utility chests aid retail stores, restaurants and any business environment where accumulating cash in the cash drawer is at risk for armed robbery or internal theft. A most effective loss prevention practice is to transfer excess cash to temporary and secure storage through the workday. Utility Chests, along with their counterpart Depository Safes, act as a convenient and secure way station between the cash drawer and final disposition of daily receipts by bank deposit, armored car pickup, or transfer to a high security safe. The safe deters hold ups and internal theft.
A variety of sizes and configurations are available to suit daily cash management activity. All utility chests are available with slotted body for deposits.
Utility chest safes are not recommended for overnight or unattended storage.
- Heavy Duty Construction – Body is solid plate steel construction with a 1/2” solid plate steel door.
- Fish-Resistant – International depository safes incorporate an anti-fish baffle to deter a common method of theft where employees and burglars attempt to ”fish” the safe contents through the deposit drawer.
- Bolt Detent – When the safe door is opened, the chrome-plated bolts remain retracted inside the door to prevent damage to the bolts as the door is closed.
- Auto Lock Feature – When the door is fully closed, the locking bolts automatically extend in the safe body, locking the door.
- Standard Locking Devices – UL-listed Group II combination locks and single or double nose key locks are the standard choices for Cash Management safes. All locks are protected by a drill-resistant hard-plate.
- Re-locker – All locking mechanisms are equipped with a spring-loaded device that disables the safe during a forced entry.
- Anchor Holes – For extra security, each safe has a minimum of two built-in anchor holes for bolting the safe to the floor.
*Add 2” for handle and hinges
|Model||Exterior H x W x D (in)||Weight (lbs)|
|UC-1414||14 x 14 x 14||70|
|UC-1717||17 x 17 x 17||125|
|UC-2020||20 x 20 x 20||190|
|UC-2720||27 x 20 x 20||205|
|UC-3024||30 x 24 x 20||290|
|UC-4626||46 x 26 x 25||520|