RMPX Series¢ - Powder Coated Aluminum
Grey Man Tactical offers a new option for our popular RMP Series¢ with the introduction of the RMPX Series¢ made from 3/16" Aluminum with a Powder Coated finish for durability. With the same design and dimensions, the RMPX Series¢ will be compatible with all existing and future RMP Straps¢, RMP Backer Plates¢, RMP¢ Fasteners and other accessories.
RMP Pelican 1660 Lid Organizer and Horizontal Cargo Area Gear Panel
- Pre-drilled holes to line up with mounting points in lid of Pelican Case
- Rigid Panel prevents sagging
- Attach MOLLE style pouches to organize your gear
- Customize with Adhesive Backed Loop to accept Velcro Hook Pouches
- Use GMT backer plates to hard mount accessories
- 0.25" holes on edge for mounting with screws
- 1" slots for attaching 1" Webbing Mounting Straps and Handles
The RMP was designed for modular organization on a rigid platform which can be secured in the lid, base, or walls of hard side cases among other applications. Quick access to your gear is enhanced by the consistent positioning and customizable layout. Inserted into any hard side case or vehicle, it gives you the tactical ability to organize your mission critical gear on an interchangeable platform that can be swapped out or quickly reorganized as the mission changes.
Width: 27.25" (692.15mm)
Height: 19" (482.60mm)
Thickness: 0.188" (4.77mm)
Material: Powder Coated Aluminum
Panel Weight: 60.8 ounces (1723.65 grams)
Pelican and Hard Case Compatibility
- The 27.25in x 19in RMP is made to specifically fit the Pelican 1660 lid.
Mounting RMP to Pelican Case Lid
Molded Screw Mounting Points:
- Line up the pre-drilled holes on the panel with the molded mounting point and fasten with the "#8 x 1/2" Pelican Case Mounting Screws".
- It is recommended to line up the top center hole and fasten with a screw there first.
- If there is a an issue with the holes not lining up perfectly a standard drill with a 0.125" or similar sized drill bit to create new mounting hole
Slick Lids with No Molded Screw Mounting Points:
Many models of Pelican Case and other Hard Side protective cases do not have any molded mounting points. In this case we avoid using screws as it may pierce through the exterior of the case causing damage to the air/water tight nature of the case. Instead we specify using 3M Dual Lock adhesive backed tape (available on our site). In order to adhere to the very slick plastic of the hard side case as well as the RMP, we specify using the included 3M Primer 94 to prime all surfaces where 3M Dual Lock will adhere.
- Wipe surface to be adhered to (RMP and corresponding surface on Hard Case Lid) with an Alcohol Cleaning Wipe. Allow to completely dry.
- Apply 3M Primer 94 to RMP and Hard Case Lid where 3M Dual Lock will be adhered. Allow to tack up per directions supplied with 3M Primer 94.
- Peel and Stick 3M Dual Lock into place, use firm pressure to ensure 100% contact is achieved.
- Allow to dry over night and then snap RMP panel onto Lid of Case.
- Compact to Full Size Cars (Trunk lid or rear seat back which is in trunk space)
- Compact to Full Size SUVs (Fold up Rear Seats, Cargo Area Walls)
- Compact to Full Size Trucks (Fold up Rear Seats, Cargo Area Walls)
- Helicopters and Aircraft (Cargo Area Walls)
- Boats (Cargo Area Walls)
Securing RMP to Vehicle Seat
For Rear Fold Up Seats
- Loop two or more longer Bottom straps around the base of the seat and secure to the RMP on both sides of panel. Can be mounted under flip up seat base or on flip down rear row seat backs in the same fashion.
- Tighten to desired fit.
- Optionally lock the RMP panel by passing a cable lock through one of the holes or rectangular punch outs on the RMP panel and then loop through the metal base of the vehicle seat to lock it to vehicle.
For Seats with Exposed Metal Frames (MRAP and Similar)
- If holes on outside of panel line up with metal frame, simply mark where screws/bolts will be on the Metal Seat Frame, drill and tap to accept screw/bolt of your choice.
- If existing holes on panel do not line up, mark and drill new holes in panel to pass mounting hardware through.
- Recommended to Mount panel using Nylon Spacers (5/16" x 0.25"ID available through GMT) to provide standoff.
Mounting RMP to Safe Door
Mounting to Internal Wood Panel of Safe Door:
- Line up RMP in desired location.
- Using "Hardware Mounting Kit - Self Drilling Screws with Nylon Spacers" available through GMT slide the Self Drilling Screw through the outside edge holes on the RMP, slide a spacer onto it, and then drill/screw into the wood paneling of the safe door.
- A pilot hole may be drilled if desired prior to applying screws/spacers.
Attaching Quick Fist Gear Clamps
- Set Backer Plate into punch out from back of panel at desired location.
- Accessories with multiple backer plates may need the backer plates to be oriented properly for either vertical or horizontal mounting
- Pass screws through rubber Quick Fist Clamp and line up with drilled/tapped hole in backer plate, secure by screwing into hole.
- Multiple sizes of Quick Fist Rubber Clamps are available to secure different sized tools.
- The same procedure can be used to attach any accessory that requires backer plates
Attaching MOLLE Pouches
Upgrading to accept Velcro Hook/Loop Pouches
To upgrade any RMP to accept Hook backed pouches, morale patches, or accessories follow the below steps:
To adhere the Adhesive backed Velcro Loop tape to your RMP panel:
- Purchase "Low Profile Loop - Adhesive Backed - 1" Width" from GMT.
- Ensure the panel is cleaned with an alcohol wipe and completely dry.
- Peel the backing off the adhesive backed velcro tape and place the loop section onto the panel. Press firmly into place, and then press further with a rolling pin or place heavy weight onto panel to compress and ensure full contact.
- Apply heat from a hair dryer to warm up the panel and the velcro, enabling the adhesive to "run" or liquefy enough to seep into the panel for a better bond.
- Optionally, use 3M Primer 94 to prime the surface before sticking the adhesive backed velcro into place. This promotes higher adhesion to the panel.